Accessibility (AODA) Compliance
Accessibility Standard for Customer Service
All employees of The Blue Mountain Golf and Country Club who deal with members of the public or third party, are required to attend their department training and testing on the Accessibility For Ontarians With Disabilities (AODA) prior to their starting date or on their starting date. This also includes employees participating in developing the policies, practices and procedures.
All employees of The Blue Mountain Golf and Country Club who deal with members of the public or third party, are required to follow the policies and procedures set forth by Blue Mountain Golf for the AODA.
All employees who deal with members of the public or third party, participate in updates when any changes are made to the policies.
Overview of Training Program
- Understanding the requirements of the customer service standard and the purpose of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
- Interaction and communication with people of various types of disabilities.
- Interaction and communication with people of disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or support person.
- Knowledge of how to use the equipment or devices on-site or otherwise that may help with providing goods and services to people with disabilities and assisting them if they are having any difficulty in access goods and services.
Overview of Detailed Policies and Procedures
- Allow members / guests to use their own assistive devices.
- Communicate in a manner that takes into account his or her disability.
- Allow service animals.
- Allow members / guests with disabilities to bring a support person. The Blue Mountain Golf and Country Club to notify the member / guest of any charges for the support person if applicable.
- Provide service in a manner that respects the dignity, independence, integration and equal opportunities for the member / guest.
Guests of The Blue Mountain Golf and Country Club may contact the Club in writing, by telephone, email or in person for any concerns or comments.
Full detailed documents are available upon request.