COVID 19 MEMBER RULES AND GOLF PROTOCOLS
Posted on April 20, 2021 at 12:00 AM
(All rules are pending provincial guidelines)
The continuing global pandemic will not allow us to operate the Club “business as usual” in 2021. Regulations in place in 2020 continue and there are new guidelines in 2021 that must be followed.
It is important that we understand that playing golf is a privilege. To ensure the safety of our members and staff, extensive procedures have been put in place to start the season that reflect public health regulations as well as guidance from the National Golf Course Owners Association.
If, and when, public health guidelines are changed, these procedures will be updated.
Failure to follow these procedures could have public health consequences and negatively impact the Club. Members who fail to abide by these procedures may be subject to a loss of Club privileges.
The following procedures are in place to start the golf season and until further notice. Your co-operation in following these procedures is appreciated.
- You must review the COVID-19 questionnaire, from the Chief Medical Officer of Health prior to entering the property. If you answer ‘yes’ to any of the questions do not enter the property. The questionnaire is available HERE, the Blue Mountain Weekly newsletter and posted on all clubhouse entrances.
- At this time, this is a self-assessment and you are not required to notify the pro shop of your results.
- Active member play only with alternating 8/9 minute tee times.
- No green fee or guest play. Walk-on play is also not permitted.
- No public functions (social or golf).
- Clubhouse access is restricted to the pro shop, lobby, washrooms, and administrative offices. No more than 2 members are allowed in the pro shop at one time.
- Dining room and patio are closed. ‘Grab and Go’ menu available at dining room patio door (one person at a time).
- Locker rooms closed except for washroom access.
- Club storage is available for golf bags only. Staff are restricted to handing your golf bag only.
- Club cleaning and cart storage will NOT be permitted. Club wash stations are available at the practice putting green, lob range next to the 18th green and on all par 3 tees on the course.
- Rakes and ball washers are not available. Sand containers are available outside the Pro Shop. Members are asked to use the same container throughout the round. Sand refill stations are located at the tees on holes 8, 11, and 16, the shelter at holes 3/5 and the hole 14 shelter.
- On course water fountains are not available except on the 10th hole.
- Flag sticks are to remain in the hole and are not to be touched.
- Groups are required to maintain a minimum of half a hole gap between them and the group ahead at all times.
- Government regulations require members who are not part of the same household to wear a mask when in the cart. Due to limited availability, a maximum of 2 power carts will be allowed per foursome.
- The two practice facilities are to be viewed as “warm up” areas only. They are available up to 30 minutes prior to your tee time. Members must use their own balls in the “warm up” nets offered. Members may use range balls only on the lob range.
- Staff are not permitted to pick up members on the course during inclement weather. Please ensure you monitor the weather throughout your round.
- Staff may assist you to and from the parking lot provided masks are worn, however, staff are only permitted to handle your golf bag.
- Power carts and pull carts will be sanitized after every use.
- The clubhouse and on-course washrooms will be sanitized on a regular basis.